Organise an eventOrganise an event to raise awareness of our cause and funds for our schools. Organising an event is easy and it can be fun too: arrange an office Olympics or pack bags in your local supermarket.
Here are some ideas to run and promote your event:
- Establish a budget and make sure your event will make money. Then, think of ways you can make more money and save on costs.
- Choose a date that will maximise attendance and ensure you have enough time to get things set up.
- Select a venue that is big enough but not too big that you’ll be wasting money on space that’s unfilled. Ask your company or a local business if you can use their venue for free, and that way you’ll not have to worry about venue cost at all.
- Remember, since you’re running a charity event, don’t forget to always ask everyone for a discount. And, always try to get sponsorship where possible. Lots of businesses will be happy to help.
- Use JustGiving to set up a web page to promote your event and raise funds.
- Ask to promote your event in your company newsletter, in a company-wide email message or on your company’s internal website. Your local newspaper or radio station might also promote your event.
- Speak with your employer and find out if they’ll match any funds you raise or make an initial contribution. You should also speak with your company’s suppliers and ask if they’d like to contribute.
- Suggest that everyone add Gift Aid when they’re making a contribution. This means the government will pay CARE a little extra for each donation that’s raised.
We have lots of experience in organising events and we’re happy to help. Get in touch and let us know your plans. We’ll have lots of helpful advice to make things much easier.